By Randy Davis,Randy "Ardie" Davis
How does $29.95 sound as opposed to $900.00 or $1,500.00? If expense is a attention and also you take pleasure in a superb undertaking, this booklet is for you! choked with pictures, illustrations, styles, transparent directions and valuable recommendation, this booklet courses you step by step during the crafting of a pro version 15/14 hammered dulcimer with a floating soundboard. Randy "Ardie" Davis takes you thru the secrets and techniques of creating a hammered dulcimer that may glance attractive and sound even larger. fabrics, instruments, providers, assets - all are lined during this thorough and easy-to-follow book.
Over 185 pages of transparent, confirmed directions, incorporating Ardie's specified "Maker's Notes," "Maker's Hints," and "Maker's Cautions" that supply the reader with Ardie's years of woodworking adventure. Ardie covers all the instruments used to make the dulcimer, and issues out that are "nice to have" and that are crucial. He offers a quick description of why and the way every one device is used.
Ardie's illustrations are complete and straightforward to appreciate. He leaves not anything to likelihood or guesswork by way of explaining each one step. From slicing the 1st board to stringing and tuning - he covers it all!
An crucial a part of construction a hammered dulcimer is using actual styles. incorporated within the e-book are pre-printed styles for Pin Blocks, Treble Bridge, Bass Bridge, the aspect Bridges, and a stunning layout for the sound gap. easily tear them out, reduce and tape jointly, and visit work!
How This booklet Is Different
* different books exist at the craft of creating Hammered Dulcimers, yet they both provide the topic brief shrift, or are too advanced for non-engineers. listed here are a few stable purposes to shop for this book!
* as well as his woodworking talents, Ardie has a Masters measure in English. This e-book is well-written and simple to appreciate. The textual content is obvious and concise.
* The drawings and illustrations are designed for the beginner woodworker, no longer for engineers. they're valuable and simple to follow.
* The plan for this dulcimer is whole yet now not overly advanced. Ardie breaks the plan down into achievable tasks.
* The ebook is updated with the most recent info on hammered dulcimer providers, assets and publishers - together with websites, emails, and different touch information.
* The ebook features a whole record of instruments used to construct the dulcimer - with motives of ways and why they're used - and worthy descriptions of all fabrics required.
* This ebook comes in a different CD-ROM model that has 'QuickLink' links to speedy take you to all Chapters and Headings, and to 50+ Dulcimer source and provider sites and Emails at the world-wide-web. All pages might be published as wanted to be used on your shop!
* All registered publication proprietors will obtain entry to a different web content containing online assets and providers, precious details, additions, corrections, FAQs, photos and more!
* a unique Foreword by means of grasp builder and performer, Mr. Dana Hamilton!
Read or Download A Dulcimer Builder's Do-It-Yourself Guidebook for the Hobbyist Woodworker PDF
Best crafts & hobbies books
Subscribe to the flock! Create your own aviary of fascinating, fantastically unique, distinct textile sculptures with uncomplicated computer- and hand stitching, embroidery, and mixed-media craft innovations. Artist Abigail Patner Glassenberg, celebrated for her captivating, quirky, personality-filled birds, provides sixteen exceptionally artistic initiatives, in addition to a gallery of birds from different famous textile chook makers.
A publication of styles for making Tapestry Peyote beaded goods with Miyuki Delica measurement eleven beads. There are huge pictures, a listing of the colour numbers with quantities and a note chart to be used in making goods. The development is: Madonna of the Magnifict through Botticelli. a stunning and recognized picture to your domestic. colourful and in huge print.
A publication with a bead trend for creating a Tapestry Peyote beaded merchandise with Miyuki Delica dimension eleven beads. street Montmartre through Pissaro 12” x 15” with seventy five matte colorsThere is a big picture, an inventory of the colour numbers with quantities and a note chart. you can now make this in beads for your self. those will be so dramatic on your domestic.
A booklet of styles for making Tapestry Loom beaded goods with Miyuki Delica measurement eleven beads. There are huge pictures, an inventory of the colour numbers with quantities and a be aware chart to be used in making goods. The styles are: red Peony thirteen" x 20", forty five matte colorsSweet Peas 6" x 6", 30 shades those will be attractive in your domestic.
- Machine Quilting Solutions: Techniques for Fast & Simple to Award-Winning Designs
- Adventures in Mixed Media Art: Inspiration, Techniques and Projects for Painting, Collage and More
- Sewing School 2: Lessons in Machine Sewing; 20 Projects Kids Will Love to Make
- The Big Book of Baby Afghans
- Ribbonwork Embroidery: Techniques and Projects
Additional resources for A Dulcimer Builder's Do-It-Yourself Guidebook for the Hobbyist Woodworker